Canada Permanent Resident Visa
Canada Permanent Residency is most sought after visa category for skilled professionals in India and aboard. It is a 5 years multiple entry visa that provides skilled foreign workers an opportunity to work and settle in Canada.
After 3 years of stay and work on the PR card, you can change the Canadian PR status to Canadian citizenship.
Key Benefits of Getting Permanent Residency in Canada:
To fill the current gap of skilled professionals in the country, Canada makes immigration beneficial for the potential skilled worker.
Below are 4 major benefits of Canadian PR card:
- The selection criteria are on merits and the highest-ranking profiles are selected in regular draws conducted online by Canada Immigration Govt. Department.
- The applications are submitted on the official website of CIC under the new rules from 1st January 2015 onwards.
- The government has proposed to process the invited applications within 6 months or less.
- The new system has created unmatched opportunities to many more professional occupations paving the way for a greater thrust to this immigration program.
- The new list of occupations may be viewed by the interested applicants..
- Since there is no limit on the number of online applications submitted. Hence, the quick decision to file the Canada Immigration petition is the key to new Express Entry program under different Canada Skilled Federal or Canada PNP and Canadian work experience class (CEC) Immigration categories.
- Under this ambitious Express Entry Scheme, approximately 7000 applications are selected per month.
Eligibility criteria for Canada federal skilled worker applications
Once you have successfully submitted your application form, it will be assessed on eligibility bars as per the criteria described below –
- Minimum one year of regular and paid experience (full/part time) within the last 10 years.
- Skill Type 0, A or B as per the National Occupational Qualification of Canada.
- Minimum English language benchmark
After clearing the eligibility barrier your work experience is counted.
Following are the necessary clauses you must fulfill to immigrate to Canada under FSW program –
- Your work experience must be within the last 10 years for at least one year in the same job.
- It should be regular and paid (full time/equal amount of part-time).
Skills required for Federal Skilled Worker Program Canada
Skills are classified in three categories
- Skill type 0- Managerial occupations.
- Skill level A- Professional occupations.
- Skill level B- Technical occupations/ skilled trades.
National Occupational Classification is one of the most popular systems used to classify jobs in Canada.
The threshold language ability for FSW program is CLB 7. You need a minimum score in the language ability test to meet the requirements. This is mandatory for Canada FSW program.
Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by a CIC approved agency (to shows that your credentials are equal to a completed Canadian post-secondary or secondary educational credential).
The application form is proceeded based on the following criteria –
- Work Experience
- Language skills
- Proof of funds
You have to show proof expressing enough funds to support the family and self after reaching Canada.
Permanent Residence Fee
Once your FSW application is granted, you have to pay the Permanent resident fee. The fee is to be paid before you receive your PR visa from CIC. Fee for medical examination, language test, and police clearance is additional. But Migration is not that easy as it sounds. Certain procedures are to be followed very carefully to make sure you get it at the first time you apply.